Sacramento CERT Command/Communications/Rehab Trailer
Sacramento CERT is asking for donations to help with an exciting project currently in the works.
Sacramento CERT recently participated in a Listos/California For All grant administered by the Fire Services Training Institute. As part of this grant, Sacramento CERT members made contact with citizens to relay preparedness information and in return, received credits towards equipment we can use for training and response.
Past disaster response activations and deployments for Sacramento CERT have shown us the importance of having a Command/Communications/Responder Rehab ability that:
- Can be set up rapidly
- That has the capability to be operational independent of utilities/infrastructure (power, light, AC)
- Is fully equipped to operate (technology, documents, etc.)
With this in mind, one of the items Sacramento CERT has requested and been awarded a Listos/California For All 20′ “enhanced CERT trailer”.
This trailer will be used by Sacramento CERT for Command, Communications, and Responder/CERT member rehab. The trailer will come with basic items built-in by the vendor:
- 8000w Diesel Generator
- 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Interior LED lighting
- Exterior area lighting
- 18′ exterior awning
- 110v/110v GFCI outlets inside and out
- Front cabinetry
The trailer has come ’empty’ (excluding the items above). As part of the Listos/California For All Grant, Sacramento CERT has also secured rugged laptops, printers, and other items that will be used within the trailer, but we are seeking help from the community to add the following to the interior:
- Three workstations (driver side)
- 4′ wide overhead cabinet (with mounting area below for FCC licensed mobile radios)
- 4′ wide work surface (hinged/fold up)
- Two 20″ monitors (additional monitors will connect to a laptop at each station)
- 6 outlets (via surge suppressor) for monitors, laptop, cell phones/hot spots, etc.
- Rolling Office Chair
- Three rehab stations (passenger side)
- Two 3′ wide and one 4′ wide fold down benches with 3″ cushion
- Two interior 40″ monitors (passenger side, map displays)
Most of the technology for the trailer was also secured via the grant (ruggedized laptops, printers), our program is looking for help from local businesses/community members in securing the additional components above (Computer monitors, docking stations, keyboards/mice, VESA wall mounts, office chairs, etc.).
Small donations are just as valuable as large donations, as every dollar goes towards making this new asset functional and a benefit for Sacramento and California.
If you would like to assist with a monetary or in-kind donation, please contact us (or click one of the links below) to help.
Donate via GoFundMe:
…or donate via PayPal: